The Amazing Ghol Fish Turned into this Middle-eastern Kebab is Worth a Try!
GHOL JOOJEH KEBAB
A very popular dish in Iranian cuisine, Joojeh Kebabs are often made with chicken. But who said we have to stick to what’s written? Our Pescafresh Chef Victorian D'Souza made his own version of the devoured patties with the super healthy Ghol Fish.
Ghol fish is highly recommended for its unique medical properties and because of this alone, it is highly valued in several countries. Also called the 'fish with the heart of gold, Ghol fish is used in making medicines and other high-priced products. It is known for its therapeutic benefits in East Asia. It is nutritionally loaded with minerals like omega-3, iodine, taurine, magnesium, fluoride DHA, EPA, iron, and selenium.
Now let’s jump to the recipe!
What you need:-
250 Gms Ghol Fillet
50 Gms Yogurt
10 Gms Ginger garlic paste
5 Gms Red Chilli Powder
10 Gms Olive oil
2 Gms Salt
0.5 Gms Saffron
Orange & Lemon Zest
How you do it:-
- Marinate the cut ghol kebab pieces with ginger garlic paste, orange and lemon zest, and lemon juice, olive oil, saffron & salt. Keep aside for 15 mins.
- Preheat the oven/air fryer for 15 mins.
- Cook the ghol pieces at 200 C for 12 mins
- Brush with butter & serve
TIPS | HACKS
- Hang the curd/yogurt in a muslin cloth or clean kitchen towel for excess moisture to be drained for at least 3 hours. Your hung curd is ready.
- Avoid overnight marination. 15 mins of marination is enough in the case of this fish.
- After 8 mins, brush the kebab pieces with butter for that smoky color and appearance.