Pomfret, originally known as Paplet, is a seawater fish consisting of a single bone. It is considered as one of the finest fish for its distinct flavour and taste. Pomfret is quite a hit in Maharashtra and Gujarat since it’s abundantly found in the western coastline of India. The fish, rich in proteins and low in fat, tastes best when fried, grilled or steamed.
Taste: Sweet Seasonality: September - January Freshness Indicators: Intact & transparent eyes,
& bright colour.
Most preferred Pescafresh cuts:
Slices, Fillets, Whole Clean, Open Like a Book
• Chinese Pomfret Large (500 - 700 gms per pc)
• Chinese Pomfret Extra Large (700 gms - 1kg per pc)
• Chinese Pomfret Giants (1kg up per pc)
• White Pomfret Small (100 - 200 gms per pc)
• White Pomfret Regular (200 - 300 gms per pc)
• White Pomfret Medium (300 - 400 gms per pc)
• White Pomfret Large (400-500 gms per pc)
• White Pomfret Extra Large (500 - 700 gms per pc)
• White Pomfret Premium Extra Large (700 gms - 1kg per pc)